onsdag 2 juni 2010

You never becomes surprised with Microsoft

Microsoft Word 2010 IconImage via Wikipedia


I was working with a strange error when working with Word from the Notes client today. I was opening a .Doc file (word 97 format) editing the file and pressed save. And when I reopened the wordfile I got an error that the textconverter mswrd632.wpc doesn't work.

Strange I thought. After some investigation I found out that, Word is actually saving docx file format within the .doc file despite the fact that the file was in word 97 format before.
And when I reopen the file Word is giving the problem because due to a security update one file extension can't contain another file format.

IBM please focus on integrating good richtext editors, the users want this!!

This is the fix for enable open of .doc files with .docx content
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/973904



Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar